Young Living is a company that produces and sells essential oils and related products. The company was founded in 1994 by Donald Gary Young, and is based in the United States, in Lehi, Utah. Donald Young and his spouse Mary Young spent a year conceptualizing the organic herbs cultivation and distillation process before founding the company. Far from the couple’s modest original farm and distillery, the Young Living Corporation now boasts 17 corporate-owned and partner farms and 13 distilleries across 6 continents.
Their worldwide success is mostly credited to their creation of “Seed to Seal” – an original approach to harvesting and processing plants so they preserve their original essential oils. Mr. Young also claims to have designed and developed the most technologically advanced distillery in North America.
The company profits by selling their products and expanding their influence through a Multi-Level-Marketing retail and business model. Their merchandising system consists of marketers, grouped into two types of members: Young Living wholesale individual members and Young Living business building members.
In 2009 Young Living founded the Young Living Foundation, a global charitable organization that provides wellness and funds education opportunities for children living in underdeveloped communities around the world.
Young Living’s Products
Young Living has a widely recognizable brand of essential oils-based products. Their principal products are bottled essential oils and oil blends, but they also offer oil-infused products for personal care or home use.
Priced for their strong and pure content achieved through their original Seed to Seal cultivation process, they are a household name when it comes to wellness-related essential oils.
The company also offers a sizeable line of edible dietary products, most of which are supplements, essential oils, and essential oil blends, but they also offer also culinary kits and accessories. These products are sometimes marketed as pharmaceutical substitutes that are suitable for treating pathological conditions. Yet because of the lack of medical research and clinical evidence, these statements are viewed as illegal marketing and have lead to several allegations of impropriety. The Young Living nutrition line contains supplements that consist of a mixture of essential oils, vitamins and minerals, as well as essential oils that can be used as culinary spices, their own line of pasta, and even certain kitchen appliances. In an attempt to expand their products to every aspect of everyday wellness, Young Living also makes products for personal use, including those for face, hair, body and dental care. The personal care line consists of essential oil infused creams, make-up, soap bars, roll-ons, and even oil-infused toothpastes. They also sell massagers, massage oils, and aromatherapy diffusers, especially USB-diffusers.
The products’ prices range from $7.50 for a 250 pack of vegetable capsules to $260 for a starter kit. Their products have retail margins (the difference between the wholesale and retail price) as high as 24%.
Personal care products are varied and cover products for women, kids, men, and even pets. Another addition to these are the products from the At-home line which includes dish soap, floss, and many other items. All of the personal and home care products, along with the essential oils are authentic and free of synthetic chemicals.
Most of the special promotions and collections are reserved for Young Living Members which can choose between different start-up kits to begin with.
Young Living’s Compensation Structure
Young Living is a company experiencing economic expansion, with reported annual sales of more than $1 billion in 2015. According to their 2018 Income Disclosure Statement, the average annual income for members is $272. Young Living offers the opportunity to become a retail seller (Business Builder), a wholesale distributor (Professional Account), or a customer member (Preferred Customer) and gives the opportunity to the interested parties to choose between these 3 types of collaborations.
- As a Preferred Customer you can profit up to 24 percent off retail pricing and you get access to monthly promotions and exclusive specials. Furthermore, you are eligible for Young living “Essential Rewards,” which include 25% discounts off products’ retail price, gift shipments, and other similar rewards. You gain access to regular education programs and conferences on wellness as well.
- As a Business Builder, according to the Young Living’s compensation plan, you can build your own business with commission and bonuses beginning with the lowest earning rank – “Distributor” and rising up to 10th rank, “Royal Crown Diamond”. In 2018 as much as 88% of all active members belonged to the lowest and only 0.9 to the highest rank. The commission and bonuses depend on how many new members you subscribe under your name from the very beginning.
- If you enroll people with a Preferred Customer membership, you’ll get 24% of every product they purchase for the next 3 months. If you enroll another Business Builder Member, you will have 8% of the Personal Volume (PV) of your enrollee (1st generation in your downline) for the second, third, fourth and fifth generation the percentage of their PV is respectively 5%, 4%, 4% and 4%. All you need to do to qualify for multiple bonuses and commission is provide at least 100 PV of sales every month, or become an Essential Reward Member.
- Professional Accounts are available to those who have an established health or wellbeing-related retail business company. These accounts benefit from large discounts on the products they purchase.
Young Living’s Bonuses and rewards
Fast Start Bonus, which is 25% of the PV that your enrollee sells for the first 3 months. In order to qualify, you need to have at least 50 PV each month.
If you sign up a new Business Builder Account, with a starter kit of $150 you get $50 bonus + additional 25% of your enrollee’s PV for 3 months.
When reaching Silver rank (the 5th in line) you earn 2-3% of every member in your team.
Participation in Global Leadership Cruise and annual International Grand Conventions in attractive locations is offered as well.
What’s Great about Young Living?
- As a member you get discounts and rewards.
- There are a wide range of quality products, so they’re attractive to lots of different types of consumers.
- As a member or distributor you get to be a part of a global community where you can share your experience and travel abroad to attractive locations.
What’s Not So Great about Young Living?
- The prices of products are relatively expensive.
- In order to receive a paycheck, you need to recruit new members straight away and follow an extremely complicated compensation plan.
- High requirements for monthly sales in order to qualify for commissions and bonuses.
Young Living is a firmly established leader in the essential oils industry. Working towards wellness in every aspect of living on 6 continents, it promotes the idea of all-natural, essential oil solutions to most modern health conditions as well as the well-being of humans and animals in general.
By just looking at the abundance of the product lines that are valued for their purity and the way they’re produced, one can easily conclude that there is an open window for business development with Young Living.
If you decide to join this MLM company you’ll need to work hard, energetically, and passionately! That is, if you follow the path of everyone around you. If you want to gain a certain advantage and earn extra, you need to think originally and stand out.
Modern times offer the opportunity to easily expand social circles through social media. Joining different groups or blog threads can help you identify potential customers or people interested in becoming distributors under your name.
While presenting products to friends or family can come naturally to us, we must learn to effectively communicate with strangers when embarking on a MLM business.
This skill can make us step out our game, while at the same time we keep our reputation away from the label “spam material”.
So how do we avoid appearing cheap in our online customer’s eyes?
You can read a concise explanation that will help you sell your product without appearing “spammy” here.
Marketing Young Living the Correct Way
Have you ever asked yourself what is the secret behind a good sales person? How can people who seem so reserved be very successful in selling and expanding their downline?
The thing that distinguishes these people from the others is their know-how of online marketing.
No matter the product you want to sell or the business model you adhere to, the basic principles of marketing remain the same: you want to influence someone into buying your product, and/or joining your downline.
The traditional method of marketing was selling the product or services to one’s close sphere of influence, such as a person’s family, friends, relatives, and neighbors. Now this is less common due to diversification and enlargement of the potential customers.
Advancements in marketing in the internet age being brought about by social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram open new avenues and new audiences for an upselling. The upselling of products or services through customized blogs and affiliate programs is one of the fastest-growing e-commerce trends. These pages are specially designed to get maximum views and traffic from intended customers. MLM is the growing technique used by modern companies to sell their products.
To exclusively market your MLM company and you want a reliable reference material, check out this book. The information contained in the book will greatly help you to grow your MLM business venture and help you create new sales leads and downline recruits for override income.
Overall, this book will teach you all the ups and downs and working knowledge of MLM and you will be making sales and commissions even when you are not working in no time.
Additionally, this guide will not only be helpful for you, but you may also impress others, especially in your downline, to use the same marketing tools as used by you to be successful. Those downlines will become an automated source of generating more sales leads for you and hence you will be earning more. It’s not as hard as it seems at the start. You must know how to create a lead capture page, make leads to land traffic on the page, get the audience and potential clients on that page, and finally how to get them to purchase your products and join your downline. You can achieve this easily by using ClickFunnels.
Use the following strategy:
- You need to create a lead landing page on software such as ClickFunnels. ClickFunnel is highly appreciated for its methods of making a lead landing page as it also provides free templates to work on. You can also find some of those templates here.
- After completion of the landing page through ClickFunnel, you will start to get traffic and targeted audience on your page.
- After creating the landing page the lead magnets will be established and offered in exchange for contacts and email addresses of the customer.
- The information on the product and the earning opportunity that you have will now be shared with the potential lead. And as you already have their email contacts, you can use any autoresponder e.g. GetResponse or AWeber to remind your client to join your downline and buy your products or services.
Before you go, here are some frequently asked questions about Young Living:
1. What is Young Living’s BBB rating?
2. How long has Young Living been in business?
3. What is Young Living’s annual revenue?
Over $1 billion in 2015
4. What does Young Living sell?
Individual and blends of essential oils, essential oil-based dietary supplements, products for personal care for humans and animals, house cleaning products, aromatherapy products, and culinary accessories.
5. What are Young Living’s most popular products?
Young Living’s most popular products are their flagship essential oils such as Lavender, Cedar oil, Lemon oil, and Sandalwood. After that are the Thieves oil-based household cleaning products, starter kits, and NingXia-based supplements.
6. How much does it cost to join Young Living?
Depending on your starter kit choice, the price can vary in the range from $45 to $260.
7. Is Young Living a scam?
No, Young Living is a legitimate company that has 13 offices all around the world and ships products to over 130 countries.
8. How many Young Living members are there?
Since the founding, there have been roughly 4 million members
9. Comparable companies: doTERRA, Eden’s Garde.
Leave a Reply