Uplifting, empowering, validating, and building self-esteem for women all around the world is what Younique can showcase to their global market. This is accomplished with excellent products that encourage inner and outer beauty as well as providing opportunities for financial and personal growth.
Founded in September 2012 by siblings, Derek Maxfield and Melanie Huscroft, the cosmetics company has been the first direct sales MLM company to sell and market almost exclusively on social media. A whopping $400 million annual revenue has made the company one of the top MLM companies in the world while receiving many awards and recognitions such as the DSMA (Direct Selling Management Association) Growth Award in 2014. Their headquarters is located in Lehi, Utah, United States, and you can check their website at www.youniqueproducts.com.
Younique empowers women to be their best and to look and feel good at the same time. Here are twelve (12) leading cosmetic products that all users can enjoy:
1. Younique Detoxifying Mask
A bamboo and charcoal exfoliating face mask that absorbs toxins and other impurities while bringing oxygen into your skin.
2. Younique Face Primer
Helps makeup last all day. This is best paired with other Younique makeup products.
3. Younique Mineral Liquid Foundation
This is a skin-perfecting, ultra-thin formula and it is one of their best-selling products.
4. Younique Moodstruck Lash Mascara
Helps eyelashes have 500% more volume without the use of fake lashes.
5. Younique Moodstruck Lash Serum
Helps grow and volumize lashes by 39% in just 28 days of use. Perfect for those who seek mascara alternatives.
6. Younique Moodstruck Epic Mascara
A one-step wonder that adds length, volume, and clump-free curl in just a single swipe.
7. Younique Mineral Perfecting Concealer
A concealer that hides imperfection. There are 13 colors you can choose from to make sure it matches your skin color.
8. Younique Splash Liquid Lipstick
This liquid lipstick has a matte finish and has 22 colors to choose from. It has a non-drying formula and is long-lasting.
9. Younique Brow Obsession Palette
A perfect palette to help set, shape, fill, and highlight eyebrow arches. Not only do they have brown, blonde, and black sets, there are also color sets in red and orange shades.
10. Younique Addiction Shadow Palette
If you are looking for the perfect palette for fall, this one’s for you. This contains five color variations ranging from cool blacks and silvers to beautiful shades of warm peach.
11. Younique Pressed-Shadow Palette
This quad palette can provide you with the best color options for any occasion and any time of the year.
12. Younique Uplift Beauty Serum
This moisturizing and replenishing serum helps cleanse and removes makeup. The product is also designed to reduce wrinkles and fine lines caused by too much makeup and poor cleansing.
Younique’s Compensation Structure
You definitely can earn commissions from every purchase made through your website and from purchases on the set of makeup given to you after availing the membership fee. If you happen to sponsor others so they can become Younique presenters, you will also then be able to earn from any sales they make!
Your commission earnings will depend on your rank in the company. The ranks and possible commissions you can earn can be seen in the chart below:
The moment you reach the Green Level and Elite Presenter, the commission you will earn from your website will be increased to 30%. At this level, you also can earn royalties from people in your downline.
The maximum rank and possible earnings is when you reach the black Executive Present level. You then can earn commissions all the way down to the third generation in your downline. A tremendous 48% commissions and commission pooling of 5% to 6% awaits presenter in the Black Level.
Younique also rewards their hardworking presenters with travel bonuses, vehicle incentives, and a vacation home bonus of up to $5000 a month!
Since its inception in 2012, Younique has seen growth and has become an international brand sold through almost 1 million ‘presenters’, as they call their sellers/members. The idea is about presenters earning by using the products and referring them at the same time. This cosmetic line stands with their goal of empowering women and making them become better people through makeup and selling.
What we can learn from this ‘Younique opportunity’ is that people can now maximize financial reward and personal growth. We also learned that Younique is a different company from other direct selling companies as they market almost exclusively on social media.
What’s Great About Younique
- You only start with $99
- No monthly fee to regulate your website
- You immediately get paid royalties/commissions on the day of your sale (approximately 3.5 hours)
- No auto-ship sign-ups on a monthly basis
- You do not need to carry the products
- You can have or host parties to attract your future downline presenters
- You get to avail the benefits of being a party hostess/hosting a Younique party (get commissions, half priced items, and Younique cash)
What’s Not to Love About Younique?
- Structure relies on Facebook connections or friends. Having less friends or connections can be hard.
- It is an MLM company. There are more benefits for people who rank higher.
- You can’t earn much if you don’t have a team or people under you.
- Always has a quota no matter what your status is
- No sales within 3 months will terminate you and require you to sign up again
Marketing Younique the Correct Way
Were there times when you wondered how some people with great downlines and without selling issues appear to be so introverted? Knowledge in online marketing gives you an edge over other people. No matter what you sell or where you sell it, the basic marketing principles remain the same – you want to influence someone to buy your product and you want him or her to join your downline.
The old school way of network marketing is to sell to your friends, family, and anyone else you might think would be interested. But with the rise of social media, there are new countless ways to attract buyers to what you can offer. However, most people don’t know where to learn all this stuff. To find out more about how exactly can you leverage the internet to market your MLM, check out this book.
This book gives you the exact blueprint you can follow to automate your downline (or being able to set up a system where you can gather people who might be super interested in selling what you’re selling as well). Not only that, you’ll also be able to DUPLICATE your system for everyone in your downline so that they can sell just as well as you.
It is NOT as hard as it sounds. All you need is a little bit of knowledge on how to create a lead capture page, how to create traffic to that page (more traffic, more people viewing), and how to get them to join your downline and buy your products.
Here’s a sample strategy:
1. You can create a lead collection landing pages in a software like ClickFunnels. This tool is highly recommended over others because it is super easy to use and comes with several templates that you can use right off the bat. You can see some of these templates here.
2. You drive traffic to your landing page / lead collection page.
3. Offer a lead magnet on your landing page (you will offer something high in a perceived value that attracts the RIGHT customer/s). You deliver this lead magnet in exchange for their email address.
4. You then share the opportunity and your product with them. You now have their email address, and now you can now use an autoresponder such as GetResponse or AWeber to keep in touch with them and remind them to join your downline or to buy your product.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Younique’s BBB rating?
2. How long has Younique been in business?
Since September 2012
3. What is Younique’s revenue?
$400 Million USD
4. What does Younique sell?
Cosmetics and other personal care products for women
5. What are Younique’s most popular products?
Luminesce products, AM and PM Essentials, Finiti, Zen Pro protein formula.
6. How much does it cost to join?
7. Is Younique a scam?
No, they are a legitimate company.
8. How many distributors are there?
The company claims to have over 1 million presenters worldwide.
9. Comparable companies: Amway, Kyani