Rodan+Fields is a Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) company that is involved in the sale and marketing of skincare products and other related products. It is the brainchild of Katie Rodana and Kathy A. Fields who launched the company in 2002 but sold it in 2003. In 2007, they launched the company again, this time as an MLM (Network Marketing) company.
Both the cofounders of the company were practicing dermatologists at the time of starting the company with the mission to give people the best skin of their life through a forward-thinking, consumer-oriented, and community-connected financial and sales model.
Rodan+Fields mostly employee women as their sales consultants. The company has its headquarters in San Francisco, California, USA. Rodan+Fields is known for products like cleansers, creams, moisturizers, toners, sunscreens and exfoliators. The well-known motto of Rodan+Fields is “when you look good, you feel good.”
The vision of the company is to develop financially independent women and sales consultants, and the founders of the company want their consultants to emulate their success story. According to Diane Dietz, the president and the chief executive officer of the company, “Our brand heritage resides in giving women life changing skincare products through highest quality products”.
Rodan+Fields is the number one skincare company in North America and a premium acne brand in the USA. It now operates with the sales team of more than 0.2 million workforce and majority of them are women. The brand mostly operates in North America and Australia, and has plans to expand to the Asian market, starting with Japan in 2020. The company has achieved $1.5 billion in sales for the first time in 2018, and with further plans of geographical expansion, the anticipated revenues are expected to be double in the next five years.
The competitive advantage that the company enjoys among its competition is the technically sound founders and a board that comprises of highly reputable dermatologists; hence, the company has never compromised the quality of its products. The company is selling its products using a marketing strategy that encourages its consultants and customers to further market and promote its products through personal links and social media platforms. The most effective tool that is being used by their consultants is a selfie of the consumer before and after using the company’s products, which clearly shows the effectiveness of the products.
The products are almost always marketed through smartphones; routine advertisement techniques are not being used. In order to achieve great customer satisfaction, Rodan+Fields use the direct selling model approach which involves consultants to directly work with consumers that allows consumers to have firsthand knowledge of someone they know who is using the company’s products.
Rodan+Fields is involved in manufacturing, marketing, and sales of high quality skincare products through its dedicated team of more than 200,000 consultants in over 20 countries. The main target region of the company is North America with new regions in sight. There are more than 50 skincare products are in the company’s portfolio. All the company’s products are sold as part of a regimen system which is a holistic approach to skin treatment and is being praised for its quick results.
The following are some of the products that Rodan+Fields offers, each aimed to solve a particular problem of the customer:
Anti-ageing regimen is formulated to treat wrinkles, fine lines, reduction in sagging by giving the skin a younger and youthful look.
Reverse regimen involves those products formulated to reverse the damage to the skin caused by acne scars, aging, sun and other environmental factors.
Un-Blemish regimen helps in reduction of blemishes by targeting acne scars.
Redefine regimen is designed for the treatment of pores, lines and loss of firmness, especially of the lips and areas around the eyes. It refines, moisturizes and protects the skin from environmental factors.
Soothe regimen is perfect for sensitive skin. It detoxifies and moisturizes the skin. It also helps in the reduction of redness of the skin.
Brightening regimen products work on polishing the skin by removing scars, exfoliating the older skin cells and giving the skin a glowing look.
Beside these popular regimens, the company also offers some other skincare products such as creams and serums including:
Intensive renewing serum is a retinol-based system which is infused with vitamins and helps in minimizing scarring and wrinkles.
Dual intensive acne treatment is perfect for those who struggle with acne problems. It is not only a proactive treatment, but also minimizes the appearance of acne scars.
Overnight restorative cream is part of the Redefine System, and is designed to wear overnight which allows you to achieve beauty in your sleep.
Rodan+Fields’ Subscription Fee
You can join Rodan+Fields as a consultant with a subscription fee of $45 that includes a complete tutorial on a DVD, and instructions on how to start selling the products. The consultant also gets 50% discount when purchasing the products. The benefit with working with Rodan+Fields is that you get a company branded website from where you can market and manage your sales. Once becoming a consultant, you need a sponsor, and if you don’t have a sponsor the company assigns one for you.
Rodan+Fields’ Compensation Structure
There are a number of ways to make money with Rodan+Fields. The earnings are mostly from commissions and downline sales, and you also save money by getting the 50% discount on the purchase of the company’s products.
Here are five ways consultants are compensated:
- Retail Commission: Direct selling is one of the major ways you can earn from the company. You can market the company’s products within your personal sphere of influence or through social media, and get leads and sales for the company. From the sale of each unit, you get a specific amount of commission. Consultants are also being trained on how to retain customers. Successful Rodan+Fields representatives acknowledge that direct sales of the company’s products can generate money, but making a lot of money depends on developing a steady flow of returning and new customers, or recruiting other consultants. Retail commissions are also earned by creating customer loyalty by the Preferred Customer (PC) Program.
- Consultant’s Commission: This type of Bonus is paid to the consultants who sponsor new consultants and from the Preferred Customer program.
- Team Building Commission: This type of compensation plan requires for you to develop a downline, and you get a commission when anyone from your downline makes a sale.
- Leadership development commission: This type of commission is earned by sales made by your extended organization which your personal team creates.
- Incentive rewards: This type of commission is based on performance achievements when you attain a specific level of sales.
What is Great About Rodan+Fields?
- Ronda+Fields provides a reliable platform to earn residual income and gives you the ability to work from home
- Joining the company is very affordable
- The company enjoys its reputation as one of the best skincare product manufacturing companies in North America. The products come with a satisfaction guarantee.
- The consultancy and support network of Rodan+Fields is very strong and consumers get detailed information of the products through literature and the company’s official website.
- The compensation plan is great; you can make commissions on your downline’s sales, and even on the sales of your downline’s downline.
- The company enjoys good customer retention rates due to the incentives it provides through its Preferred Customer program.
- Consultants are provided with all the training, support and product information they need to do well.
- You can rest assured that the products you are selling are high quality.
What’s Not To Love About Rodan+Fields?
- The skincare products are generally high in price because of the good quality, but it can be a deterrent for those who don’t have the money to buy expensive skincare.
- Advance business kits are very expensive.
- Personal website maintained by company is charged for separately.
- You must maintain a minimum sales volume to earn commissions.
- Working sometimes may be stressful due to language and geographical barriers when a consultant is engaging with someone who is from a different location.
- Petroleum-based skincare and cosmetic products are banned in Europe.
If you like the idea of being able to earn according to your ability to sell, then Rodan+Fields offers a unique skincare opportunity that could help you embrace your love of sales. You’ll be giving customers access to an elite set of products that will have them looking and feeling better with regular use. If you build up enough of a customer base, it is possible to earn a decent income without worrying about the other elements of multi-level marketing.
Overall, Rodan+Fields appears to be a legitimate business opportunity for individuals in the skincare industry who want to make the maximum amount of money from selling top-rated skincare products, especially in the anti-aging line. The company adheres to the highest standards of scientific research and testing, earning the reputation that it has amongst consumers and competitors alike.
The company enjoys one of the best customer retention rates amongst all the MLM companies due to the quality of its products and its compensation plans. The company provides its consultants with all the pre-induction training and post-induction support.
The pros and cons of Rodan+Fields are essentially the same as any other network marketing company. It may not be a scam, but finding success is going to be challenging unless you know how to separate yourself from everyone else selling the same thing as you.
Marketing Rodan+Fields The Correct Way
When you are trying to set yourself apart from everyone else selling the same thing as you are, you need to know a little bit about sales, marketing, and consumer psychology to stay ahead of the pack.
The basic principle in any sale remains the same: you want to persuade someone to buy something from you.
In the network marketing world, the traditional way of selling your business opportunity was to throw parties, or invite a friend to a presentation, or have a three-way call. All these meant you had to first talk to your friends and family to get them to come to the party, or come to the presentation, or join the three-way call.
What if I told you that you can do all three traditional ways of MLM marketing online, WITHOUT having to invite any of your friends and family? In fact, you can attract strangers online who are interested in selling what you’re selling, and can use what you give them to join your downline and help you make commissions!
To find out more about how exactly to leverage the internet to market your MLM, check out this book.
It gives you the exact blueprint on how to sell and how to attract downline sales who are further interested in sale of your products and also how to automate your sales.
If you are serious about building an MLM business and wants to get leads even when you are asleep, you need to read this book. It’s free (you only pay shipping) – but what if the $7-8 you spend on this book actually change your life? Wouldn’t it be worth spending that $7-8 to get a deep understanding of how you can leverage secrets that other people don’t know about in order to make 6 figures with your MLM?
Here is the Brief Strategy:
- First of all you need to create a lead landing page on a software like ClickFunnels. Click-funnel is highly recommended on making landing pages as it is super easy to use and it comes with several ready to use templates to work on. You can also find some of those templates here.
- After completing a landing page you starts getting traffic to your page.
- You then offer a high gravity lead magnet on your landing page (This can be done by offering something which have high perceived value that may attract potential customers). This lead magnet will be delivered in exchange for the customer’s contact or email address.
- You share the details of all the opportunities that you have to offer with them. You already have their email address so you can use any autoresponder e.g. GetResponse or AWeber to remind your client consistently to join your downline and buy your products or services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before we conclude, here are some FAQs about Rodan+Fields.
1. What is Rodan+Fields BBB rating?
2. How long has Rodan+Fields been in business?
3. What is Rodan+Fields revenue?
4. What does Rodan+Fields sell?
Skincare products. Product lines include anti-aging regimen, reverse regimen, soothe regimen, redefine regimen, brightening regimen, unblemish regimen, intensive renewing serum, restorative creams and dual intensive acne treatment.
5. What are Rodan+Fields most popular products?
There are many popular products associated with the company but its active hydration serum is one of the best-selling products with its all-purpose function.
6. How much does it cost to join Rodan+Fields?
To become a Rodan+Fields consultant, the minimum subscription fee is $45 that goes on to $695 for business level kits.
7. Is Rodan+Fields a scam?
No, Rodan+Fields is a legit company and have won several awards and has attained billions in sales due to the quality of its products.
8. How many Rodan+Fields consultants are there?
More than 20,0000.
9. Comparable companies: Avon