Looking for a review on PartyLite as an MLM company? Look no further!
Also, if you stick around til the end, I’ll tell you the most effective way of marketing PartyLite products without having to talk to your friends and family. For real!
But first, let’s talk about PartyLite.
PartyLite is a multi-level marketing company and was founded by Mabel Baker in 1909. Initially, she started her business by presenting the candles to her friends and family members when she decided to transform her passion into a business venture. She continues to grow and expand her business for more than fifty years until his death in 1965. In 1973, a subsidiary of his company was established and named as PartyLite Gifts Company. The company showed a steady growth since its inception which started from a home scale to a much bigger ad global scale.
In 1990, the company was acquired by Blyth Inc. and Bob Goergen was appointed as its CEO and President. The company showed exponential growth in its business and geographical expansion. From 1990 to 2005, the annual revenues and the corporate office staff of the company grew more than 10 times. The company is marketing its products through a sales representative’s network of more than 70,000. In the USA only the company has more than one hundred regional vice presidents.
The company is working through the MLM business model and its sale consultants market its products through home parties and family gatherings. A consultant who throws a home part is a host of the show and the main purpose of this activity is to market the products and also encourage people to join your down line enrollment by explaining all about the company products and services. The company provides complete detail on how to market the products and organize home parties. It also offers certain benefits and commissions on hosting such parties.
The company expanded rapidly in the late 20th century with business operations extended to Germany in 1994, United Kingdom in 1996, Finland in 1999, Mexico in 2001, Australia in 2002, and in Sweden in 2003. The company is now in the field for many decades and it is a completely trustworthy company with authentic business practices and also very useful and interesting products. The company rapidly expanded its product line to meet the ever-growing customer demand for its products. So the company is not a scam and a legit MLM business opportunity.
The starter kit costs about $99 if you want to join the company as a sales consultant. The membership will be free of cost if you hold a party and that makes sales of $350 or more. The company is developing a number of products every year to meet the demand of customers. Today the company has more than 400 products on its portfolio. The candles come in different fragrances and shapes depending on the occasion. Besides its flagship candles, it is also dealing in domestic fragrances, bath and personal care products, and home décor and a complete range of party gifts. The price range of its products lies between $11 and $25.
All the products of the company can be broken down into the following categories:
- Candles. These are the first and flagship products of the company. They are available as jar candles, tealite candles, Pillar candles, and escential jar candles.
- Home Décor. These products are increasingly getting popular among customers. The products included in this category are candle holders, warmers, candle decors, holiday décor, fall décor, and avenue candling.
- Gifts. The products included in this category are candles, fragrances, Aroma pure collection, dark collection, and bundled collections.
- Flameless Fragrance. These are very innovative products and the products included in this category are wax melts, warmers, fragrances, and smart scents.
PartyLite’s Compensation Structure
In order to qualify for the company commission, first of all, a sales consultant must make monthly sales of more than $500.
- Retail Commissions. The difference between the retail price and the wholesale price of the product will be the commission of the sales consultant. Other commissions made by the consultant are 25% of the total sales volume made by a distributor.
- Bonus Commission. If your monthly sales go beyond $2000, 7% as a bonus commission from that amount is paid to the consultant.
- Group sales commissions. Group sales commission is another way of making commissions with the help of your team and down line enrollments. The rate of this commission is between 2% and 7%. This commission also depends upon your rank in the leadership hierarchy. There are seven levels in the leadership hierarchy of the company. The commission you make depends upon your position in the leadership line.
What Is Great About PartyLite?
- Brand with unique products.
- Products are made from non-toxic chemicals.
- The compensation model is simple and the chances of earning residual income are decent due to the strong marketing of the company products.
- Togetherness through parties.
- Very experienced company.
- Fun products to market.
- Loyal Customers.
- Market leader in its category.
- Highly affordable and easily available products.
- Customer retention rate is higher and they are loyal to company products.
- Representative Signup costs are low.
- As the income is commission based, so harder you try the financial benefits you will be getting.
- The company provides flexibility in working hours with a lot of support to its salespersons.
- Free training and online support for consultants.
What’s Not To Love About PartyLite?
- Like every other MLM Company, Marketing policy is not user-oriented but distributor oriented.
- Commission margins are smaller.
- High competition in the market.
- Rank-based commission system.
PartyLite seems to be a legit business opportunity with its unique products. It’s a lucrative MLM setup with great chances of making residual income due to comparatively high commission rates. The compensation model defines that there are so many ways to earn through the company. The company’s revenues have grown manifold in the last two decades mainly due to its geographical expansion in Europe, Central America, and Australia. The strong customer appeal and the experience that the company enjoys makes it a great MLM Opportunity.
MLM Companies provide you with great business opportunities with making additional income to meet residual expenses. Working for a company like PartyLite who already has a strong and broad customer base provides even more opportunities. Social media and blog marketing provide you great opportunity to build an MLM empire. You can easily search out for the targeted customers through social media pages such as Facebook and Instagram and then market them the products. Be careful that you don’t spam customers with irrelevant information. How can you sell without being spammed can be read through how to successfully sell your product.
How to Market PartyLite Effectively
The approaches to succeed in MLM marketing have transformed over time. Once the marketing persons and distributors had limited audience and they were to sell their products only to friends, family, and neighbors but with the advancement in technology and dawn of digital age, the marketing trends have shifted from localized to global. Now your audience is not limited to a particular area or sphere of influence. You can utilize social media, websites, and blogs to market your product the world over with unlimited opportunities.
The orthodox mechanics of marketing involved the selling of your product or service to your friends, relatives, family members or someone you know interesting in that product. But with the dawn of digital age and the vistas provided by social media the opportunities to market and address the audience or a particular interest group have increased manifold and beyond geographical boundaries. Internet age provides you with the opportunity to attract your audience but unfortunately, most people don’t know what to do and from where to start.
If you are looking for the marketing tools through which you can intensively market your MLM Company, check out this book.
It gives you the exact blueprint on how to sell and how to attract down line sales who are further interested in the sale of your products and also to automate your sales.
Not only that but through this help, you may also be able to duplicate your strategies and impress others on how you make your sales and ask them to follow the same marketing patterns. They will become your automatic online lead machine. It is not that hard as it seems at the start. You just need knowledge on how to create lead capture page and how to get traffic, audience and potential clients on that page and how to get them to purchase your products and join your down line. This can easily be attained by a software called ClickFunnels.
If you are serious about building an MLM business and want to get leads even when you are asleep, you need to read this book completely and carefully.
Here is the Brief Strategy:
- First of all, you need to create a lead landing page on software like ClickFunnels. Click-funnel is highly recommended on making landing pages as it is super easy to use and it comes with several ready to use templates to work on. You can also find some of those templates here.
- After completing a landing page you start getting traffic to your page.
- You then offer a high gravity lead magnet on your landing page (This can be done by offering something which has a high perceived value that may attract potential customers). This lead magnet will be delivered in exchange for the customer’s contact or email address.
- You share the detail of all the opportunity that you have to offer with them. You already have their email address so you can use any autoresponder e.g. GetResponse or AWeber to remind your client time and again to join your down line and buy your products or services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before we conclude, here are some FAQs about PartyLite:
1. What is the PartyLite BBB rating?
2. How long has PartyLite been in business?
3. What is PartyLite’ revenue?
4. What does PartyLite sell?
PartyLite sells candles and different home décor items.
5. What are PartyLite’ most popular products?
The most popular product of PartyLite is its flagship candles.
6. How much does it cost to join PartyLite?
The starter kit costs about $99 if you want to join the company as a sales consultant. The membership will be free of cost if you hold a party and that make a sales of $350 or more
7. Is PartyLite a scam?
No, it’s a legit company with physical products available in retail.
8. How many PartyLite representatives are there?
More than 70,000.
9. Comparable companies: