Nu Skin is a multi-level marketing company that sells dietary supplements and personal care products, primarily anti-aging creams. The company was founded in 1984 by Steve Lund and Blake Roney and is headquartered in Provo, Utah. Nu Skin began expanding its operations shortly after, beginning operations in Canada in 1990. Its first Asian market was Hong Kong, which opened in 1991. Today, it is a publicly traded company with operations in 54 countries and a network of independent distributors totaling more than 1.2 million. Since its inception, the company has brought in more than $2.5 billion in annual revenue. Nu Skin products are not available in stores, but you can buy them directly from independent distributors or from Nu Skin as a Preferred Customer. Though its focus is in skin care, the company also sells products for weight management, digestive health, heart health and energy, and stamina. Nu Skin has an expert panel of more than 100 scientists and consultants who test the efficacy of each product before its launch. The company also made Forbes’ “List of 100 Most Trusted Companies” in 2010.
In the past, the company has been associated with a number of state and federal lawsuits, and has been criticized for deceptive advertising and inauthentic claims of income earned by distributors. The company has a portfolio of more than 200 products with a vision to “Look and Feel Better” and is recognized for its comprehensive anti-aging products line. Nu Skin presents itself as a company that’s offering a tremendous business opportunity, with a focus on corporate social responsibility. Nu Skin claims that it has paid a total of 45% of the income of the company as commissions and bonuses to distributors. The way a distributor earns income and commissions is through the sale of company products as well as by hiring new independent distributors who can further continue the marketing and sales chain, in turn generating commissions for the whole chain.
Nu Skin Products
Nu Skin is considered an industry leader in the manufacture and sale of anti-aging products. The following product systems comprise the company’s portfolio:
- ageLOC Me Skincare System: This is the most popular product regimen Nu Skin offers, with anti-aging formulas curated through customization, innovation, and skincare. This system includes the primary device, a reference set, skin assessment, Day and Night moisturizers, serums, and a travel container.
- ageLOC Galvanic Spa System: This system helps in revealing soft, radiant, smooth skin. It includes facial gels, shampoo, a line corrector, soft nylon capes, spa towels and a kit carrying bag.
- ageLOC Galvanic Body Trio: The ageLOC Galvanic Body Trio System is an advanced body enhancement system. It includes the Galvanic Body Spa, ageLOC Body Shaping Gel, and ageLOC Dermatic Effects lotion.
- Core System: The Core System is designed to meet the individual needs of the skin. It includes the Gentle Cleanse and Tone, Future Serum, Radiant Day, face wash, cell renewal fluid, UV Block Hydration, Skin Mist, Night Complex and Transforming Night.
- Nutricentials: This system naturally enhances the healthy appearance of the skin. It includes a creamy cleansing lotion, a pH balanced toner, the Night Supply Nourishing Cream , Pure Cleansing gel, pH balance “Mattifying” Toner, and Moisture Restore Day and Night nourishing cream.
- Hydrate and Replenish System: This system aids in achieving maximum hydration for healthier skin. It includes a foaming cleanser, toner, Day & Night treatments, Moisture Mist, Rejuvenation Cream, Enhancer, Intense moisturizer, NaPCA moisturizer, and the Nutricentals Intensive Eye Complex.
- Tru Face system: The Tru Face System helps enhance improvement through encouraging daily maintenance of the skin. It includes the Essence Ultra Uplifting Cream, Instant Line Corrector, IdealEyes Activating Eye Cream, Revealing Gel, Skin Perfecting Gel, Priming Solution, a carrying pouch and toiletry bag.
- Environmental Defense System: This system includes antioxidants that help in attaining healthy, radiant skin. It includes Celltrex Complete, Centrex Ultra, a lip balm, Sun Right 50 SPF Face and Body Sunscreen, and Insta Glow.
- Peel, Masks, and Scrubs: Nu Skin’s collection of peels, masks and scrubs help repair dull, tired and impure skin. Products include a headband, a fan lift brush, facelift powder and activator.
- Body Care System: The ingredients in the Body Care System products are designed to nourish and soothe the skin. Products included are Body Smoother, Liquid Body Lufra, a body bar, a liquid body bar, body cleansing gel, Perennial intense body moisturizer, hand lotion and a sink side set.
Other products include: hair care, oral care, men’s products, face and body, essential oils, professional brushes, and body transforming nutritional products.
Nu Skin’s Compensation Structure
Like every other multi-level marketing company, you can earn a living through Nu Skin by selling company products, building a team, and earning leadership commissions. These three opportunities can be summarized as Sharing, Building and Leading.
- Sharing. The easiest way to make commissions is by making retail sales. It includes fast start payments, retail profits and volume commissions. Volume commissions are only paid out to active distributors. When you sell Nu Skin products to consumers, you get a fixed percentage of the price value of the product sold. Nu Skin products are thoroughly tested and have a considerable market valuation, so finding customers is relatively easy. If a customer wants to order products online and get a discount, they can do so by becoming registered Preferred Customers. Distributors can still make commission from such sales by sharing bonuses, which are equivalent to anywhere between 5%-25% of the ordered price value.
- Building. This type of commission can be earned by building a downline team that will work independently while under your leadership. You will not only get commission by recruiting, but also if any of your downline makes any sales. However, to earn such commissions, you need to collect blocks. You get one block for every 500 sales points. There are two types of blocks: sharing blocks and building blocks. If any sales are made directly by any of the persons recruited by you, you will earn a sharing block. If the sales are made by someone who is recruited by another person downline you, you will get a building block. If you acquire enough blocks, you will qualify for the Sales Representative rank, and in turn be qualified for building a bonus. Bonuses range from 5%-40% of Commissionable Sales Value (CSV). You earn a 5% bonus on the first block, 10% on the second block, and so on. Therefore, the bonus you receive every month depends upon the number of blocks you achieve each month. By building a team, you can become an executive and earn even higher commissions through “executive bonuses”.
- Leading. If you train the distributors working under your downline successfully, and have a demonstrated track record of consistently selling product, you may be able to become a Nu Skin executive. If your sponsors become Nu Skin brand representatives, you would be eligible to earn a “leading bonus”. Leadership bonuses range from 2%-10% of commissionable sales depending on your team’s totals.
What Is Great About Nu Skin?
- Nu Skin has earned a great reputation and is one of the most popular anti-aging selling companies in the world.
- The company’s products are tested and researched by a panel of leading scientists and researchers.
- The compensation model is simple, and the chances of earning residual income are decent due to the strong marketing of company products.
- According to market analysts, Nu Skin is the most trusted multi-level marketing company.
- Nu Skin products are recommended by beauty therapists.
- Nu Skin products are affordable and readily available.
- Nu Skin benefits heavily from a loyal customer base.
- The subscription cost is very low – only $20/month!
- The market appeal of the company is high and it has been featured on Forbes’ “List of the 100 Most Successful Companies”.
- As the income is commission based, the more you sell, the more you’ll make.
- Nu Skin’s corporate structure is headed by competent executives.
- Nu Skin provides flexibility in working hours with a lot of support to its reps.
- The Preferred Customer Program allows discounts to customers buying directly through the company website.
What’s Not So Great About Nu Skin?
- Like every other MLM Company, marketing policy is not user-oriented but distributor oriented.
- Higher-end products are justifiably expensive.
- In order to get results, as explained by the company, you have to purchase a complete system or regimens instead of a single product.
- You cannot sell insurance or securities without a license.
Nu Skin is regarded as one of the most trusted anti-aging regimen producers in the world. Its proven successful skincare, personal well-being and nutritional products are instrumental in changing the lives of many of its users. Nu Skin’s products are not only scientifically tested, but have also been recommended by beauty and medical experts. Though the company has seen its share of legal battles since its inception, this has not stopped it from becoming one of the top 100 companies in America, according to Forbes. Nu Skin has also continuously achieved a stellar A+ ranking from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). In addition to providing some of the best beauty, skin care and general wellness products on the market, the company also provides opportunities to its distributors to earn a decent income. Distributors earn through selling company products and by recruiting more distributors that can sell even more product, generating commission for both members of the downline.
So, what are you waiting for? Nu Skin provides potential representatives with a great opportunity to make a modest fortune by selling some of the best skincare products available. Social media and blog-based marketing provides you great opportunity to build your MLM empire. You can easily search out targeted customers through social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, and then push them the products, driving awareness and driving sales.
However, be careful that you don’t spam customers with irrelevant information. How can you sell without spamming? More information can be found here on how to successfully sell your product.
Marketing Nu Skin the Correct Way
The best approaches to succeed in MLM marketing have transformed over time. In its earliest stages, marketing reps and distributors had a limited audience, and were forced to sell their products only to friends, family, and neighbors. Now, thanks to the advancement in technology and the emergence of social media, marketing trends have shifted from localized to global. Your audience is no longer limited to a particular area or sphere of influence–you can utilize social media, websites, and blogs to market your product all over the world. An unlimited sales region means unlimited opportunities.
One of the most important features of the modern digital market is that you don’t have to search out your customers in a traditional way. There are pages relevant to particular interest groups that can easily be accessed for free on most major social media platforms. Such groups can be found on Facebook, Instagram and Reddit with ease, and that’s just the beginning. Thanks to their widespread availability, you can easily join such groups and start your marketing career. Multi-level marketing has completely transformed. Successful marketers have completely utilized the opportunities provided by the internet and have used it to their benefit.
If you are looking for the marketing tools through which you can intensively market your MLM company, check out this book. The book, Network Marketing Secrets, provides you with exceptional tools to polish your marketing skills and show you the path to MLM success, step-by-step. You can also use this guide to help those other reps in your downline, helping both themselves and you achieve higher sales and thus, higher earnings.
In order to maximize your earning potential, you must know how to create lead capture page, how to turn leads into consistent traffic on a landing page page, how to get your new audience and potential clients on that page, and how to get them to purchase your products and join your downline. You can achieve this easily by clicking ClickFunnels.
The following strategy can be followed:
- Create landing pages where you can market your products. Through those landing pages you can channel your traffic. Upcoming steps are important in this regard.
- Create a lead landing page on software such as ClickFunnels. ClickFunnels is highly appreciated for its methods of making a lead landing page as it also provides free templates to work on. You can also find some of those templates here.
- Once you’ve created your landing page, you will start to get traffic automatically. Offer a high gravity lead magnet on your landing page. You can achieve this goal by offering something that is very significant in its perceived value. This lead magnet will be delivered in exchange for the customer’s contact or email address.
- Share the offering you have with your customer. As you already have their contact information, you can use any autoresponder, e.g. GetResponse or AWeber, to remind your client time and again to join your downline and buy your products or services.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Before we conclude, here are some FAQs about Nu Skin:
1. What is Nu Skin’s BBB rating?
2. How long has Nu Skin been in business?
3. What is Nu Skin’s revenue?
4. What does Nu Skin sell?
Nu Skin sells skincare, anti-aging, and general well-being products.
5. What are Nu Skin’s most popular product?
Nu Skin’s most popular product is ageLOC True Face Essence Ultra.
6. How much does it cost to join Nu Skin?
There is a $35 startup fee and an annual fee of $20.
7. Is Nu Skin a scam?
No. Nu Skin is a legitimate skincare, general wellness, and supplement company with physical products available in retail.
8. How many Nu Skin representatives are there?
More than 1.2 million.
9. Comparable companies:
Herbalife, L’Oreal, Mary Kay.
Leave a Reply