doTERRA is a Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) company that is involved in the sale and marketing of essential oils and other related products. doTERRA is a Latin word meaning “Gift of the earth”, which indicates wellness, healing and hope. The motto of the company is “an essential oil company changing the world one drop at a time”. It was founded in 2008 by David Hill, Corey Lindley, Gregory Cook, David Sterling, Emily Wright, Robert Young and Paul Wolfert. DoTERRA was established to introduce the therapeutic importance of essential oils to the world. It is based in Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA. The company made a highest level commitment to sell products with high purity and medical importance.
DoTERRA now has more than 1600 staff members at the corporate office, with more than 5 Million Wellness Advocates, and the company is earning more than $1 billion in annual sales. The company from its inception was managed by some experienced executives, as few of the founders of doTERRA were also involved in managing Young Living, another MLM company. In order to achieve great customer satisfaction, doTERRA used the direct selling model approach which involves distributors to directly work with consumers that allows consumers to have firsthand knowledge of someone they know who is using doTERRA products.
DoTERRA is involved in sourcing, manufacturing, testing and distribution of high grade and high purity essential oils through its workforce of over 5 million wellness advocates in more than 100 countries. The company has more than 150 products in its portfolio which are basically essential oils.
DoTERRA products place a great importance on healthy and organic living. Millions of satisfied customers are tantamount to the success of the company’s products.
Essential oils are aromatic compounds from plant sources with proven therapeutic importance, used as supplements, cleaning and personal care products. doTERRA is not only marketing products as a single source oil collected from a single plant source, but also have products that are made from blending different oils collected from different plants to enhance their medicinal effects.
Personal care products of doTERRA include skincare, body care, hair care and spa products. Skincare products include cleansers, moisturizers, hydrating serums and gels, anti-ageing creams, brightening gels, invigorating scrubs, tightening serum, facial kit, facial lotion, foaming face wash and pore reducing toner with a price range from $28 to $275.
Body care products include diaper rash cream, baby hair and body wash, natural deodorants and body renewal serums with price range from $11 to $87.
doTERRA’s hair care products include hair care systems, shampoos, glaze holders, conditioners, serums and smoothers and their price range is $11 to $67.
Spa products include spa basics kits, hand lotions, invigorating bath bars, detoxifying mud masks, exfoliating body scrubs, hand and body lotions, hydrating body mists, lip balms, spa luxury kits, spa moisturizing bath bars, refreshing body wash, replenishing body butter, spa rose hand lotions, spa serenity bath bars and comprehensive spa kits. The price range of spa products starts from $9 to $125.
Supplements include weight management products, daily vitality products, women’s health products, digestive health products, specialized health products and children care products.
DoTERRA is also involved in the business of accessories and different aroma diffusers of high built quality.
doTERRA’s Subscription Fee
You can join doTERRA as a wholesale customer or as a wellness advocate. Signup fee is just $35 and renewal fee is an annual $25. That subscription also comes with an offer of 25% off on buying any doTERRA products.
doTERRA’s Compensation Structure
As a doTERRA wellness advocate or wholesaler, the first financial advantage that you get is the saving of 25% on all the items you purchase from the company. Other more important methods of making big money from this business opportunity are as follows:
- Fast Start: DoTERRA allows all wellness advocates regardless of the hierarchy or the rank they are in, to earn bonuses from the individuals that they add to their downline (that is, if you sell essential oils to someone and enroll them as well, you get a bonus). This type of bonus is paid after a week from the new signup purchase made within 60-days from his/her enrollment.
- Uni-Level Bonus: This type of bonus is paid to wellness advocates every month depending upon the direct downline sales made by him/her. This bonus takes into account the monthly rank of the wellness advocate that they qualify for, for any particular month.
- Power of Three: This bonus requires you to have a team/ downline, and then hit specific team volume and sale numbers. This is a monthly bonus that can range from $250 to $1500 depending upon the level of downline you have developed. This will also help in reaching the leadership rank within doTERRA.
- Free to Give Program: While the main compensation model of doTERRA allows its wellness advocates to earn residual income, doTERRA also focuses on the financial wellbeing of all it’s advocates by enabling them to become debt-free and allowing them to enjoy true financial freedom. This program of the company focuses on four types of debts: car payments, loans and medical bills, credit cards and mortgage debts. The company’s vision is that by becoming free from all financial liabilities, the wellness advocates of the company will be in a better position to help others freely.
What’s Great About doTERRA?
- doTERRA provides a reliable platform to earn residual income by working from anywhere
- doTERRA provides with the best and purest form of essential oil blends which are time and again tested for their purity and therapeutic significance
- The company enjoys CPTG Certification, which means they have Certified Pure Therapeutic grade products.
- doTERRA has one of the best bonus and compensation plans free from complications.
- The company enjoys the best customer retention due to its high end, pure products.
- Wellness advocates are provided with all the support and product information. It also gives great corporate support.
- Since the income is commission based, the harder you try, the better the financial benefits you will see
- Essential oils are an emerging market and doTERRA provides you with the opportunities to grab your share
- Potential for earning is huge if you know how to market doTERRA products properly
What’s Not to Love About doTERRA
- Generally high pricing of the essential oils
- It has encountered a number of issues in the past with FDA due to complaints that some of its wellness advocates are marketing their products as treatment of Ebola disease.
- It has also encountered legal suits with Living Young over patent rights.
Overall, doTERRA appears to be a legitimate business opportunity for the individuals in the wellness and health industry who want to get the maximum out of medicinal importance of essential oils. The company upholds itself to the highest standards of scientific research and testing; also, being the holder of CPTG Certification, its products are certified to be free from synthetic compounds and chemicals.
The company enjoys one of the best customer retention rates amongst MLM companies due to the quality of its products and its compensation plans. Subscription cost is also very low as compared to the financial opportunities it is providing to its wellness advocates. The company provides its affiliates with all the pre-induction training and post-induction support about products and services.
Marketing doTERRA The Correct Way
It is actually EASY to successfully sell ANYTHING online if you know how to.
No matter who you are selling your product to, the basic principles of marketing remain the same: you want to influence someone to sell your product or services to, and persuade them to join your downline.
The orthodox way of marketing involved the selling of your product or service to your friends, relatives, family members or someone you know.
But with the dawn of the digital age, the opportunities to market and address an audience beyond geographical boundaries.
To find out more about how exactly to leverage the internet to market your MLM, check out this book.
It gives you the exact blueprint on how to take advantage of the internet to make sales for you and add people to your downline for you, even as you sleep. I know it sounds too good to be true but it’s not! I want to help you figure out how to make sales for your MLM. Even if you don’t have any tech skills you will know what to do if you follow the steps in this book.
Not only that, but through this you can also duplicate your strategies for your downline so that they can be as successful as you (and you can be even more successful).
It is not hard! You just need knowledge on how to create a lead capture page and how to get traffic, audience and potential clients on that page and how to get them to purchase your products and join your downline. This can easily be attained by a software called ClickFunnels.
If you are serious about building an MLM business and want to get leads automatically, you need to read this book completely and carefully follow the instructions. It will change your life!
Here is the Brief Strategy:
- First of all you need to create a lead capture page on a software like ClickFunnels. This is highly recommended for making landing pages as it is super easy to use and it comes with several ready-to-use templates to work on. You can also find some of those templates here.
- After completing a landing page, you can start getting traffic to your page. This traffic can be in the form of organic traffic coming from your Facebook group or your Facebook page, or your YouTube videos, or it can be paid traffic through Facebook or Google ads.
- You then offer an attractive lead magnet on your landing page that you will send to your potential customer in exchange for their email address.
- You share the opportunity that you have to offer with them. You already have their email address so you can use any autoresponder e.g. GetResponse or AWeber to remind them time and again to join your downline and buy your products or services. And best of all this can all be automated so you just set everything up once, and then forget about it as it does all the work for you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Before we conclude, here are some FAQs about doTERRA:
- How much is the yearly membership fee?
The yearly membership fee is $25.
- With a membership what is the discount percentage on purchased?With a membership one can get savings of 25% over retail price.
- What are annual sales volumes of doTERRA?
The annual sales volumes are well over $1 Billion.
- What is the number of wellness advocates associated with doTERRA?There are over 5 million wellness advocates from over 100 countries
- What does doTERRA sell?
It sells essential oils with medicinal importance.
- How long has doTERRA been in business?
- How much it costs to join doTERRA?
The signup charges are $35 with annual subscription of $25.
- Is doTERRA a scam?
No. doTERRA is a legit company with a legitimate business and product base which has won several awards including best company award in 2014.
- Comparable companies: Living Young