Monat (which stands for “Modern Nature”) is a multi-level marketing company that sells haircare products. It is a newer Miami-based company, founded in 2014 by brother-son duo Luis and Rayner Urdaneta. Their products are inspired by nature and they have invested heavily in their research to make sure their products work.
Within one year of launching, Monat was already making $25 million in annual revenue. By 2016, they were at $41 million! They had a head start because they had experience running a very successful MLM in Latin America by the name of L’eudine. Furthermore, Luis made Monat a subsidiary of their parent company Alcora, which means they had a lot of capital to start with when they launched Monat.
Monat sells natural, vegan and cruelty-free haircare products at premium prices. Their products are scientifically tested and have built a very loyal following.
Different people have different issues with their hair, and Monat has used this problem to their advantage by providing solutions to different kinds of hair issues, such as hair loss, hair aging, dandruff, thinning, frizz, and breakage.
Wait – did I say “hair aging”? Yup – Monat is well-known for their anti-aging products for hair. It is a new concept that has served them really well. A study done by the University Hospital of Zurich’s Department of Dermatology and Hair Clinic states that aging causes weathering of the hair shaft and aging of the hair follicle. This causes your body to decrease its hair production greatly over time, leading to hair loss. Monat has designed a patented blend of 11 different oils called Rejuvinique oil, which is designed to keep hair healthy and prevent aging.
Monat’s hair care products are made with high quality oils and nutrients, and don’t contain sulfates, silicones, parabens, fragrances, or other fillers.
Most of Monat’s products range from $30 to $60. Their Magnify Treatment System (which is aimed to increase hair volume) comes with a shampoo, conditioner, and mousse for $99.
Monat has a $99 start-up fee that includes a kit full of marketing materials and training information.
As a Monat distributor, you can get a significant discount on the products.
There are five ways to make money with Monat:
- Sales Commissions: Depending on the level they are at with the company, independent distributors can earn all the way up to 40% on each item they sell. To make 40% commissions, though, you have to sell a lot of product each month.
- Sponsor and Develop: You get rewarded for building up a large, successful downline. Aside from a $100 fast start bonus and a $150 fast builder bonus, you can also earn up to 12% in unilevel bonuses, 4% in generational bonuses (up to 5 levels deep), and a 5% network bonus. The larger your downline is and the more it produces, the more money you make.
- Builder bonus: This is for people who move up quickly to Silver or Platinum status and help their team members do the same. You can earn a $500 or a $1,000 bonus.
- Advancement Bonuses: These are matching bonuses that you can earn on the achievements of your direct recruits. They range from $150 to $500.
- VIP Customer Sales: customers that have signed up for the VIP program, which puts them on a recurring monthly autoship for their favorite products. You’ll earn a 15% commission on their monthly purchases with no additional work.
What’s Great About Monat
Like other network marketing opportunities, Monat allows you to work for yourself. You have a flexible schedule, you can make money if you put in effort, and Monat offers a solid support system for sellers.
What’s Not To Love About Monat
One common complaint about Monat is the potential issue with the product causing hair to fall out. Other people have complained that it’s difficult to get a response from the Monat team, and so it’s hard to get a refund once you have bought something from them. Lastly, people complain that it’s not easy to find customers to buy the products.
Monat is growing really quickly and has built a strong brand and fanbase. They have sold people on the idea that hair ages and that people need to use Monat products in order to prevent their hair from aging rapidly.
If you are really committed to being successful at the MLM game, you have to play differently than other people. You have to do things that other people may not be doing so that you can set yourself apart and find hidden opportunities to make money.
If you do decide to market Monat, you have to find people who are interested in anti-aging solutions and in haircare. It’s usually easier to sell something that you have used and you believe in yourself – so if you’re into haircare and making sure your hair doesn’t age with time, you can use Monat products yourself and then start to sell them if you like them.
Next step would be to find other people like yourself who are interested in taking care of their hair. It’s fairly easy to target people online these days because people online self-identify by joining groups and discussions online that let you know what they’re interested in. For example, there are Reddit threads on haircare and skincare, and there are also Facebook groups where people who are really into haircare congregate. You just have to join that congregation, start adding value to the group, and offer your products in a non-sleazy way.
So.. how can you promote without promoting or coming off as being spammy or sleazy?
You can read all about what you can do to successfully sell your product without appearing spammy here.
Marketing Monat the Correct Way
Have you wondered how there are certain people who always seem to have a huge downline and no issues selling, even when they appear to be so…introverted?
What gives some people an edge over others is their knowledge of online marketing.
No matter what you sell or where you sell it, the basic marketing principles remain the same: you want to influence someone to buy your product, and/or join your downline.
The “old school” way of network marketing is to sell to your friends, family, and anyone else you might think would be interested.
With the rise of social media there are countless new ways to attract buyers to your offer; however, most people don’t know where to go to learn WHAT to do.
To find out more about how exactly to leverage the internet to market your MLM, check out this book.
It gives you the exact blueprint you need to follow to be able to automate your downline (basically, be able to set up a system where you get leads coming in to your downline who are super interested in selling what you’re selling), and also to automate your sales (again, set up a system to sell your MLM products).
Not only that, but you’ll be able to DUPLICATE your system for everyone in your downline so that they can sell just as well as you (or rather, your online lead machine). It is NOT as hard as it sounds.. All you need is a little bit of knowledge on how to create a lead capture page, how to get traffic (eyeballs!) to that page, and how to get them to join your downline, and buy your products. All these things can be easily accomplished by a software like ClickFunnels.
If you’re serious about building your MLM business in the easiest way possible, you need to read this book. It will explain exactly what steps you need to take to literally automate your MLM business so that you can get leads in your sleep.
Briefly, here’s the strategy:
- You create lead collection landing pages in a software like ClickFunnels. I would recommend ClickFunnels over others because it is super easy to use, and it comes with several templates that you can use right off the bat. You can see some of these templates here.
- You get traffic to your lead collection pages.
- You offer a lead magnet on your landing page (you offer something high in perceived value that attracts the RIGHT customer). You deliver this lead magnet in exchange for their email address.
- You share the opportunity with them. You share your product with them. You have their email address, so you can now use an autoresponder such as GetResponse or AWeber to keep in touch with them and remind them to join your downline, or to buy your product.
Before you go, here are some frequently asked questions about Monat:
1. What is Monat’s BBB rating?
2. How long has Monat been in business?
3. What is Monat’s revenue?
4. What does Monat sell?
Haircare products. Product lines include Hydration, Volume, Densify, Stylized, Power Boost, Magnify, Monat Junior (for kids), Monat Black, Color Enhance, Effortless Style, Advanced Hydration and Restructuring.
5. What are Monat’s most popular products?
Monat’s flagship product is their Smoothing Deep Conditioner, which helps control frizz. Their key ingredient is their patented Rejuvenique Oil which is made of plant-based essential oils, antioxidants, and nutrients.
6. How much does it cost to join Monat?
To become an Monat distributor, you have to pay $99 USD, and an annual $19.95 renewal fee.
7. Is Monat a scam?
No, Monat is a legit company and have won several awards.
8. How many Monat distributors are there?
More than 120,000
9. Comparable companies: Arbonne