Beachbody is a multi-level marketing company that sells fitness and weight loss products and nutritional supplements helpful in body muscle gains. The company has an in-house manufacturing facility and a network of sales distributors to market its products. The company was founded in 1998 with headquarters in Santa Monica, California, USA.
P90X is the flagship and most popular product of the company. The company was founded by K. Daikeler and J. Congdon who were experienced in infomercials and they started running Beachbody through infomercial since 1998 and it was 2007 when the company switched its marketing model to direct selling through MLM setup. This was the year when the company started to make huge revenues and in 2012 the company was on the Direct Selling Networks list of top 100 MLM Companies in the World with the annual revenue of $ 218 Million.
The next year revenue grows to $328 Million and it was making above $800 Million after 2017. The company encourages to enroll new salespeople as coaches who will further sell the company products. The products mostly include workout DVDs, supplements, weight loss diet and meal plans for self and offer 25% in commission on the sale of its products. The company has been criticized by many nutritionists and market analysts for their alleged claims of the effectiveness of the product and income of coaches. Still, it is an always growing company and continuously making millions in revenues which are growing with each passing year.
The company is working on the vision that none of our photos are doctored or edited and the products are giving real results. The photos of the customers, the company is using for marketing show excellent results. The company has regularly been criticized to come up with an overblown claim but there is still a large number of the loyal customer base.
These critics aside, if you are willing to put some effort, these products have covered all of your body needs. Alongside these beneficial aspects of the products, the company also provides you with the opportunity to earn through its MLM business scheme. As weight loss is one of the most searched out problems nowadays, the company is providing a handful of the products to cater to hose customer needs and you are not going to face many difficulties in selling those products.
Beachbody sells a number of weight-loss products, dietary supplements, diet plans, and fitness coaching plans mostly targeting the American Market. Following are the major product categories:
- Fitness Products. These are the most popular of the Beachbody. These are mostly workout videos that are made for in-house exercises. Only one program of this workout category, P90X, is valued at around $900 Million. Insanity and Asylum are the other two products of this work out series. They also have fitness and yoga programs, and Brazilian butt lift training program. The price range of these products is $60 to $300.
- Nutritional Products. The products include in this category are diet plans and fitness training apps. Shakeology is an important and famous product in this category which comes in different flavors. The company has also created nutritional apps and meal plans, as well as the nutritional shake. The product is somewhat expensive but is filled with useful nutrients and low-fat dietary ingredients.
- Gears and Apparels. The company is marketing different gears and apparel helpful in workout. The gears include mats, chin-up bars, resistant loop, and strength slides.
Beachbody’s Compensation Structure
The company is offering great commissions to its coaches and one of the highest retail commission margin in the category. Following are the major commission sources:
- Retail Commissions (Challenge pack bonuses and commissions). These are the commissions made by you when you sell the company product. You get 25% as commission from the total billed amount. As some flagship products are relatively expensive, so it gives you the chance to earn handsome commissions by marketing those.
- Team Cycle Bonus. You also get paid on the team cycle bonus. As the compensation plan in Beachbody is binary so you get a team cycle bonus every time you complete the team cycle. The bonus of the team cycle depends upon your ranking.
- Matching Bonus. Through this compensation plan, a coach gets 5% to 10% on his personal coaches’ team cycle plan.
- Star diamond bonus. This is divided among all coaches at a specified pool and it is paid quarterly. It is based on the volume generated by all the coaches in that pool.
What is Great About Beachbody?
- Commission rates offered by the company are great which are up to 25%.
- The health and wellness products offered by the company are tested and have earned a great repute among athletes and general masses.
- The compensation plan is very comprehensive, simple and easy to understand.
- Complete details are available and provided by the company to its coaches through training.
- The subscription cost is low.
- It provides great opportunities to those who aspire to learn and want to make progress in their business by leaps and bounds.
- As the income is commission based, so harder you try the financial benefits you will be getting.
- One of the best things about working with an MLM is that you choose your own team.
- People associated with the company are very enthusiastic and keen on continuously improving the products and brand image.
- New representatives have opportunities for bonuses as well.
- You have exciting products to market.
What’s Not to Love About Beachbody?
- In the past, some of the company’s products were associated with some lawsuits over false income claims.
- The products are not approved by the FDA.
- Products sometimes can be expensive.
- Products may interfere with the medication.
- It sometimes can be easily overdosed.
- Rank-based compensation system.
- Binary compensation model.
Beachbody is one of the most popular and successful MLM companies in its category. The products of the company are not only useful in reclaiming health but also give opportunity to its coaches to market exciting products and earn decent residual income. You simply have to sale the company products as a coach or wholesaler to customers and you may also purchase yourself at discounted rates. The compensation model of the company is very straightforward and commission and bonus ratios are very high as compared to other MLMs. So what are you waiting for? You have the opportunity and you have the platform. Go get your subscription pack of Beachbody and start making big through this great MLM Opportunity.
In order to get more dividends working for an MLM company, you need to be a more innovative, intuitive and eager marketer. In the case of Beachbody, you first of all need to search out for the targeted customer who are worried about their general health or overweight problems. When you find the audience, you will have to use all available tools to make customers aware of the quality of products that the company is offering. In digital and internet age this task has somewhat become more hectic as now a social marketer comes across language, cultural and geographical barriers to market its products because his audience has gone global. You have to contact a single customer again and again to preach the products but be aware to avoid spamming. In order to achieve the objective, you can read how to successfully sell your product.
Marketing Beachbody the Correct Way
Some marketers have better techniques to sell their products by thinking out of the box and they go out of the way to impress their customers to purchase their products. Such coaches have some qualities that are not found in the rest.
It’s very obvious that the basic techniques of marketing remain the same and they are not depending upon the people, product or the service that you are going to sell.
In the past, marketing of products were done preferably to friend, family members and the persons in the sphere of influence but with the dawn of digital age the things have changed and now your audience or target customer is sitting at thousands of mile from you.
In the internet age, the opportunities to market and address the audience or a particular interest group has increased manifold and beyond geographical boundaries. Internet age provides you with the opportunity to attract your audience but unfortunately, most people don’t know what to do and from where to start.
If you want to earn big through MLM opportunities and to learn modern means of upselling and marketing, check out this book.
This book gives you all-encompassing details on how to make downline sales leads.
Not only that but through this, you may also be able to duplicate your strategies and impress others on how you make your sales and ask them to follow the same marketing patterns. They will become your automatic online lead machine. It is not that hard as it seems at the start. You just need knowledge on how to create lead capture page and how to get traffic, audience and potential clients on that page and how to get them to purchase your products and join your downline. This can easily be attained by a software called ClickFunnels.
Through this, you can make sales leads and commissions even when you are not working actively as your downline will be working for you.
Here is the Brief Strategy:
- Create a lead landing page on any available platform or software like ClickFunnels. Due to readily available a number of free templates to work on, Clickfunnels is highly recommended. You can also find some of those templates here.
- When you are done with developing landing page you will be starting to get traffic on your landing pages, a first step towards making sales lead.
- You then offer an attractive lead magnet on your landing page (This can be done by offering something which have high perceived value that may attract potential customers). This lead magnet will be delivered in exchange for the customer’s contact or email address.
- You share the detail of all the opportunity that you have to offer with them. And once you have their email contacts through lead magnets you can use an autoresponder to remind your clients and customers and guide them about your products and benefits for them to join your downline. Any good autoresponder can be used for the purpose e.g. GetResponse or AWeber.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before we conclude, here are some FAQs about Beachbody:
1. What is the Beachbody BBB rating?
2. How long has Beachbody been in business?
Since 1998 (The Company shifted to a direct selling model in 2007).
3. What is Beachbody revenue?
4. What does Beachbody sell?
Beachbody sells healthcare, nutritional supplements, and weight loss products.
5. What are Beachbody most popular products?
P90X is the most popular product of the company. P90X is valued at around $900 Million.
6. How much does it cost to join Beachbody?
It costs $39.95 to become a Beachbody coach.
7. Is Beachbody a scam?
No, it’s a legit company with physical products available online.
8. How many Beachbody distributors are there?
More than 450000.
9. Comparable companies: