Avon is a multi-level marketing company dealing in beauty, household and personal care products. It was founded in 1886 by David H. McConnell in New York City, and it was initially named California Perfume Company. Its headquarters is located in London, United Kingdom. Avon is the 5th largest beauty care company in the world with over $5.5 billion in sales revenues in 2018. The company maintains a strong sales representative team of over 6 million in more than 100 countries with many important destinations still left. Avon maintains a regular workforce of around 50,000, which makes it the second-largest direct selling company in the world. The company started to expand its operations in 1932. The largest market, China, was covered in 1990, but in 1998, when direct selling was outlawed in China, the company started to sell its products through a chain of stores. In 2002, China allowed direct selling marketing once again, and Avon secured a license for direct selling in China in 2006. Additionally, in 1989, the company announced that it was stopping testing its products on animals, making it the first big company to take such a step.
Avon is one of the oldest beauty care companies in the world. It has a loyal customer base and products which are not only tested scientifically in labs but also tested by loyal customers. Recently, company sales have declined in America, but worldwide sales remain stronger. Traditionally, the company uses door to door sales representatives and brochures to market the product, but with the rise of social media and Internet users, now most of the marketing is being done through digital platforms.
Avon markets a range of house, beauty and lifestyle products, maintaining a total portfolio of more than 200 products. The following are the major categories.
- Makeup Products. These are the most popular products of the company. Makeup products include products for eyes, lips, face, nails, and tools and brushes.
- Skincare products. Skincare products include moisturizers, serums, toners, cleansers, scrubs, masks, eyecare and combine treatments.
- Bath and body products. These products include lotions, sprays, deodorants, hair removal, hand cream, hand wash, lip care, insect repellents, bath oil, bubble bath, shower gels, body wash, foot care, and hand care products.
- Fragrances. These include perfumes, shower gels, body lotions, deodorants, candles, and male-specific perfumery.
- Jewelry. This category of products includes Earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings, watches, and fine jewelry products.
- Fashion products. This category includes apparel, tops, bottoms, jackets, intimates, and footwear.
- Wellness products. The products in this category are boost, glow restore, and metabolism enhancers.
- Men’s products. Products include fragrance, grooming, gifts and gadgets.
Avon’s Compensation Structure
Like every other MLM company, commission by working with Avon can be earned by selling company products, by recruiting new people, and by training them to make new sales. The following are the commission regimes.
- Representative commission. You can make commissions by selling the company products. You start getting commission right away from your first $1 product. Marketing strategy and your effort plays a key role in making this bonus. Increasing sales means the commission will increase. It also depends upon the category of the product, as each category gives a specific amount in commissions.
- President’s Club. When you achieve this rank, your earnings increase, and you will become eligible for company-sponsored trips, special privilege at company events, and product samples at discounted rates. President’s club rank can be achieved by making $10000 in sales, and you maintain the rank for the remainder of the current calendar year and the entire next year.
- Sponsoring others. You can earn by recruiting and developing your team. When a new representative makes an order of $150 or more through your sponsorship, you make a commission of $20. Recruitment within seven campaigns will make you eligible for a bonus of $50. If any of your recruits or representatives makes any sale, you get a 3% commission from that sale.
- Building the team. As the team grows, the next ranks are achieved with higher commission rates and other privileges. These commissions are paid in four installments if you maintain the requirements of that title.
- Developing leaders. A potential long-term development of your career path depends upon the team and leadership you develop in your downtime. Additional bonuses are paid when you mentor your recruits to qualify for bronze leaders and higher titles.
What Is Great About Avon?
- Popular brand with a rich history of customer services and result-oriented research.
- Products of the company are tested and researched by a panel of leading scientists and researchers.
- The compensation model is simple and the chances of earning residual income are decent due to the strong marketing of the company products.
- One of the oldest and largest beauty care companies in the world.
- Recommended and used by beauticians all over the world.
- Highly affordable and easily available products.
- Customer retention rate is higher and they are loyal to company products.
- Representative signup costs are low.
- The company has won a number of awards, including the A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau, for many years.
- As the income is commission based, the harder you try the more financial benefits you will be getting.
- The company has the services of very experienced and competent managers.
- The company provides flexibility in working hours with a lot of support to its salespersons.
- Free training and online support for representatives.
What’s Not to Love About Avon?
- Like every other MLM company, marketing policy is not user oriented but distributor oriented.
- Commission margins are smaller.
- High competition in the market.
Avon, as one of the oldest beauty care and general wellbeing companies, has a rich history of empowering people around the world to live life on their own terms and giving them the opportunity to make big or very small investments. When it was started in 1886, women had been selling Avon door to door as a means to give them the earning opportunities which were not available somewhere else at that time. If you’re thinking about becoming an Avon representative, it’s important to know exactly what you are getting into and what you are going to sell. Selling Avon is like marketing other MLM companies with a different attitude. It takes hard work. Not everyone can work from home in the same way, and that’s okay. But it is a great opportunity for those who love the company and its history.
MLM companies provide you with great business opportunities by enabling you to make additional income to meet residual expenses. Working for a company like Avon that already has a strong and broad customer base provides even more opportunities. Social media and blog marketing provide you great opportunity to build an MLM empire. You can easily search out for the targeted customers through social media pages such as Facebook and Instagram and then market them the products. Be careful that you don’t spam customers with irrelevant information. How you can sell without being spammed can be read through in the how to successfully sell your product section.
Marketing Avon the Correct Way
The approaches to succeed in MLM marketing have transformed over time. Once, the marketing persons and distributors had a limited audience and they were to sell their products only to friends, family, and neighbors, but with advancement in technology and the dawn of the digital age, the marketing trends have shifted from localized to global. Now, your audience is not limited to a particular area or sphere of influence. You can utilize social media, websites, and blogs to market your product the world over with unlimited opportunities.
The orthodox mechanics of marketing involved the selling of your product or service to your friends, relatives, family members or someone you know who is interested in that product. But with the dawn of the digital age and social media, the opportunities to market and address the audience or a particular interest group have increased beyond geographical boundaries. The Internet age provides you with the opportunity to attract your audience, but unfortunately, most people don’t know what to do and where to start.
If you are looking for the marketing tools through which you can intensively market your MLM company, check out this book. It gives you the exact blueprint on how to sell and attract downline sales, and it also teaches you how to automate your sales.
Through this help, you may also be able to duplicate your strategies and impress others with how you make your sales, and then you can ask these people to follow the same marketing patterns. They will become your automatic online lead machine. It is not as hard as it seems at the start. You just need knowledge on how to create a lead capture page and how to get traffic, audience and potential clients on that page and how to get them to purchase your products and join your downline. These goals can be achieved easily using a software called ClickFunnels.
If you are serious about building an MLM business and want to get leads even when you are asleep, you need to read this book completely and carefully.
Here is the brief strategy:
- First of all, you need to create a lead landing page on software like ClickFunnels. Click funnels are highly recommended for making landing pages as they are super easy to use, and they come with several ready to use templates to work on. You can also find some of those templates here.
- After completing a landing page, you start getting traffic to your page.
- You then offer a high gravity lead magnet on your landing page. This can be done by offering something which has a high perceived value that may attract potential customers. This lead magnet will be delivered in exchange for the customer’s contact information or email address.
- You share the details of all the opportunities that you have to offer with them. You already have their email address, so you can use any autoresponder (e.g. GetResponse or AWeber) to remind your client repeatedly to join your downline and buy your products or services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before we conclude, here are some FAQs about Avon:
1. What is the Avon BBB rating?
2. How long has Avon been in business?
3. What is Avon’s revenue?
4. What does Avon sell?
Avon sells beauty care and general wellbeing products.
5. What are Avon’s most popular products?
The most popular product of Avon is the Anew Clinical Eye Lift Pro Dual Eye Lift System.
6. How much does it cost to join Avon?
There is a $25 startup fee.
7. Is Avon a scam?
No. Avon is a legitimate beauty care company with physical products available in retail stores and presence in more than 100 countries.
8. How many Avon representatives are there?
More than 6.5 million.
9. What are some comparable companies?
Revlon, OriFlame, and LÓreal.
Leave a Reply